By ComfortKeepers | September 03rd, 2009 | 10:44 | Categories: Entrepreneurship, Franchise, Networking
If you are a new entrepreneur or franchise owner, you will quickly find that the local business community will be a great resource. But how do you connect and start benefiting from their resources? Here are some ideas:
- Join the local chamber of commerce. Start going to local business owner events. Many chamber of commerce organizations sponsor business owner enrichment seminars and events. These can be great sources of information and good ways to meet other business owners.
- Use social media to connect with people in your area. Social media sites like Twitter and Facebook allow you to find people that live in your area. Utilize these tools to build your network.
- Consider helping with community projects. While this tactic may not immediately increase your profit margin, it will help you build connections in the community and will build your reputation as someone who is interested in helping the community in addition to developing your business.
- Learn who the influencers are. You know they’re there. These are the some of the most well-connected people in your community. Meet them. Make sure they know who you are.
- Go for coffee. One of the best ways to connect with people in your community may also be the easiest. Find out where people gather. Is there a local coffee house that business owners frequent? Go there and strike up a conversation. Introduce yourself as a new franchisor – and always have business cards on hand.