We’ve all heard that social media is affecting the way we do business, but we’re not quite sure how. Here are some ways that social media is affecting or can affect the way you do business.
- There is a network of business professionals at your fingertips. Social media isn’t just for teenagers anymore. You’ll find that many if not most of your colleagues are using social media to connect with each other.
- Social media is opening up new marketing opportunities. Many social media sites like Facebook and Twitter allow to you search and follow certain demographics to market a product or a service. Many companies are now creating social media marketing divisions and campaigns to focus on the marketing potential that the social media world offers.
- Social media makes it easier than ever to get customer or client input. People love to share their opinions – especially in the social media sphere.
- Social media is changing customer service. Many companies are now using Twitter and other social media sites to conduct customer service. For example, a Twitter user commented on the site that he was having problems with his Comcast service. Within five minutes, @ComcastBonnie replied and asked him to share the details of the problem.
- Social media is letting people talk. Like it or not, people are using social media to talk about your business in this constant ever-growing conversation.